It appears a number of people are reporting the same kernel error or
similar with docks in bug 1550779. And one other user also mentions "HP
840" but an older model.

The problems are close enough that I think the best next step is to
treat this as a duplicate of bug 1550779 until further progress is made
there in teasing out multiple issues as appropriate.

   [drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* CPU pipe A FIFO
underrun

  After I turn on the machine in the morning (probably from S3 sleep),
  it just blinks the displays for a few moments, than it turns to black
  for seconds and this is an endless loop