I don't think it's quite the same issue as 833 upstream, though the
symptoms are similar.

I disabled GLX and it didn't change any symptoms, which I think it would
if it were the same as 833 (?).

I did see a similar issue reported on Arch where the symptoms only
occurred when a USB C monitor was attached, and were fixed after an Arch
update (but lost the URL when X crashed; I'll share if I find it again).

It's not entirely consistent when it happens, but I can use Terminal,
Emacs and Hexchat without a crash but Firefox or Chromium or VSCode will
typically trigger a crash within a few minutes (even if they're running
solely on the primary screen).

When Chromium restarts after a crash and reopens it's windows on the
second screen that will reliably cause an immediate crash. The next time
it's restarted Chromium restores it's windows all on the primary screen,
and that doesn't cause a crash.

I've got gdb backtraces from several crashes, and they're all
consistent. I've attached one (gdb-backtrace.txt).

** Attachment added: "gdb-backtrace.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1853120/+attachment/5306475/+files/gdb-backtrace.txt

  Xorg crashes with a bus error in OsLookupColor when using a second
  display