This one-line fix (which was in your askubuntu... link) has worked well
for us on various notebook touchpads from Ubuntu 18.04 through

> 19.10:Installing below package will resolve the touchpad issues on
> |Ubuntu 18.04|.
> |sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics ||

Cheers from
--Dick Miller, Partner, MMS <themill...@millermicro.com
<mailto:themill...@millermicro.com>>
        Co-Leader, FOSS User Group at Natick Community-Senior Center
<http://millermicro.com/FOSSUserGroupNatick.html>

On 12/4/19 2:43 PM, Fabrício Pereira wrote:
> [...]
>    (https://sangams.com.np/fix-ubuntu-18-4-touchpad-not-working-properly/
>    and https://askubuntu.com/questions/1041820/touchpad-not-working-on-
>    ubuntu-18-04), and I checked the package `xserver-xorg-input-synaptics`
>    wasn't installed.
>
>    Then I tried to install with the command: `apt install
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics`.
>    I rebooted the computer, but the problem continues.
>
>    After I ran a diagnostic test with BIOS from Dell Notebook, and on
>    interacting with the diagnostic system, I was able to use the touchpad
>    without problems.
>
>    Then I suppose this problem is from SO kernel upgraded.
>
>    =========================
>    Follow some info's system:
>
>    $uname -a
>    Linux myinspiron155547 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26
> 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
>    $ xinput
>    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                     id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
>    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                   id=4    [slave  pointer
>  (2)]
>    ⎜   ↳ Synaptics s3203                              id=11   [slave  pointer
>  (2)]
>    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                    id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
> -     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                   id=5    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ Power Button                                  id=6    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ Video Bus                                     id=7    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ Power Button                                  id=8    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ Sleep Button                                  id=9    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ Integrated_Webcam_HD: Integrate               id=10   [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ Dell WMI hotkeys                              id=12   [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> -     ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                  id=13   [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                   id=5    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Power Button                                  id=6    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Video Bus                                     id=7    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Power Button                                  id=8    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Sleep Button                                  id=9    [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Integrated_Webcam_HD: Integrate               id=10   [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ Dell WMI hotkeys                              id=12   [slave
> keyboard (3)]
> +     ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                  id=13   [slave

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Synaptics s3203 touchpad on Dell Inspiron 15 5547 has no working after
  recent upgrade