I also see no change with BIOS 1.10.0 on Eoan (though with kernel 5.3
due to an unrelated issue; I ran 5.4 and 5.5 before with the 1.7.1 BIOS
and had the problem with all three kernels).

I also noticed that though I have the problem just for ca 13 secs most
of the time, occasionally it never seems to start working (I waited more
than a minute).

However, a few times recently I sent the laptop to sleep with the power
button while the problem was occurring. The power button works even when
the keyboard does not, and on wake-up the problem was gone. It is
possible that I happened to press the button exactly when the keyboard
would have worked anyway, but as the procedure helped every time this
seems unlikely. Can anyone confirm?

which is subscribed to libinput in Ubuntu.

  [Dell BIOSes dated 27 Mar 2019, XPS 9575, Precision 5530 2-in-1]
  laptop keyboard & touchpad not working at gdm screen after boot