Hi Daniel. I've the same problem. System crash using nvidia 390-132.
In my case, the system crash aleatory when I'm using laptop. Don't in a
specific situation.
I've attached journalctrl -b-1 (after crash) like your recommendation. I see
nvidia error at the end of file.

My ubuntu have the following problens when I'm using nvidia-390:
1) Laggy for login (after press enter to tip password. It is, I finished to tip
my password and it don't show immeediately in password field).

2) After show desktop environment (icons etc), when I press "windows"
key in my external keyboard (Logitech K270) the system taking almost 8
seconds to show "menu applications". It happen sometimes during the use
of system too.

For instance, In this time, the crash happend when I just have terminal opened
(with journalct) and system setting - about. I mean I'm not using nothing to
demmend lots of nvidia graphic card.
I'm not sure if this problens are related with driver problem, but I'm looking
to give more information.

Sorry for my poor English.
Thank you for your help to improve Ubuntu.

** Attachment added: "journalctl -b-1"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-390/+bug/1860847/+attachment/5337572/+files/journalctl.txt

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia] system is feeze