Public bug reported:

I'm encountering this problem in both Ubuntu 20.04 and Pop OS 20.04.
When I boot the default X11 session on my AMD graphics card

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Oland PRO [Radeon R7 240/340]

I get a 1 pixel line above the Gnome status bar that flickers seemingly
with screen refreshes and shows parts of the current frame buffer. You
can sometimes tell that parts of my open browser window (bookmarks bar)
are being displayed there. If the screen and applications on display are
very quiet there isn't much movement but when I move the mouse or hover
over (browser) elements that are seemingly refreshed periodically the
line flashes and redraws with content from the screen.

When I don't move the mouse or do much at all the flickering dies down
after a while because there is not much refresh going on. During regular
use though, the whole thing is super annoying.

This is showing the behavior, this site open in Firefox, typing the words.
"this is me typing this comment right now."

https://youtu.be/j1JI5ST0ZkM

This exact problem occured to me on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 via
USB media. For a bit it's fine and then this corruption happens. The
video is taken from a POP_OS 20.04 installation on the same machine that
shows the exact same behavior for the AMD GPU after a fresh install.

If I switch to Wayland this never happens.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

- I'm encountering this problem in both Ubuntu 20.04 and Pop OS 20.04.
+ I'm encountering this problem in both Ubuntu 20.04 and Pop OS 20.04.
  When I boot the default X11 session on my AMD graphics card

  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  [AMD/ATI] Oland PRO [Radeon R7 240/340]

-
- I get a 1 pixel line above the Gnome status bar that flickers seemingly with
screen refreshes and shows parts of the current frame buffer. You can clearly
tell that parts of my open browser window are being displayed there. If the

+
[...]

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  Gnome 3.36 flickering framebuffer line above status bar