I also consistently run into the issue running gnome on xorg in Fedora. Nvidia
drivers 440.82. Although this is on Fedora, but posting here since it's been
going on a while and no resolution or other useful threads I can find. Symptoms
appear to be the same.
The issue is triggered by Remmina and can also be triggered by KRDC for me when
run in Gnome on Xorg. KDE on Xorg does not appear to trigger the bug, not it is
triggered on Wayland.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia] Xorg crashed with SIGSEGV in xf86ScreenSetCursor(pCurs=NULL)