On 06/07/2020 22:19, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and help make Ubuntu
> better. Unfortunately, we cannot work on this bug because your
> description didn't include enough information. You may find it helpful
> to read 'How to report bugs effectively'
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html. We'd be grateful
> if you would then provide a more complete description of the problem.
>
> We have instructions on debugging some types of problems at
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures.
>
> At a minimum, we need:
> 1. The specific steps or actions you took that caused you to encounter the
> problem.
> 2. The behavior you expected.
> 3. The behavior you actually encountered (in as much detail as possible).
>
> Thanks!
>
> ** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
>
> ** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
> Hi

   I was downloading the normal updates that come automatically when
finished it told me to restart the            computer, the OS opened
with no problems  no message I left for about 15mins and the screen used
to sleep  after Five mins.  When I returned the screen was still open I
clicked on Applications for the drop-down programmes which flashed and
returned to the top.  When I clicked on the top right of the screen the
same thing happened.  I then decided to reboot again, the same thing
happened seven time before I got a good screen that worked OK except
that I could not open system settings from top right icon all the rest
worked.

I now decided to ask Ubuntu 1 for an answer, it then set up a scan which
took some time and asked me to submit the results which I did.

When I click on system settings the "About this computer" loads,

     I have not switched off since but I switch off the screen when not
in use.

Regards

Gordon Wright

Thank you.