reply #20

yes, Daniel.
Originally, the display would like to use 10 bpc. but it is failed with some
dongle.
However, we found that, it uses 8bit color depth on Windows. We wonder if
Windows has done some magic for enhancing compatibilty. Maybe we can also
discuss if we can have some implementation like export the bpc selection to
gnome-control-center for user.

Otherwise, user can just found that it works on Windows but failed on
Ubuntu.

  Some external 4K monitor is not working properly