I afraid we can not just trust (EDID_version >= 1.4 &&
EDID_supports_10bit). Because this issue caused by any problematic
component in the middle of pipeline. To ensure the compatibility, better
to just defautly set bpc=8.

Think of one scenario, a speaker get his Ubuntu machine onto stage, plug
the HDMI or DP projector which works well on latest speaker who is using
Windows machine. Then, he get dark screen or audio function lost....

I guess the Ubuntu user might not aware it's caused by bpc. The default
behavior should offer better user experience.

  No signal on 4K 60Hz DisplayPort monitor by default, until "max bpc"
  is lowered to 8