The specific part of the screen shot with obvious corruption is cropped
below.  I'll try to get a video; one problem I have is that many of the
specific things I do that reliably show the problem are at times when
private data is visible on my screen.

I _cannot_ show this problem without the XrandR command (or some GUI-
configured equivalent), because it seems to only happen with external
DisplayPort monitors attached.  When I use _only_ the internal laptop
panel things appear to work correctly (or did last time I checked, I
very seldom run only one display).  I believe the problem is triggered
by either 1) daisy-chained DisplayPort monitors or 2) the sheer size of
my desktop (11520x2160).

I will try to find something that reliably corrupts that is not
sensitive to get a video, and I will test with no external displays
attached and verify that that is still error-free.

** Attachment added: "corruption.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1893969/+attachment/5412195/+files/corruption.png

  Screen corruption and delayed update using onboard Intel video