I did some distro hopping with my XPS 15 9575 (BIOS 1.13.0)

Ubuntu 20.04.1 system had the same problem, but I found that the latest
Pop!_OS (20.10) and Manjaro (20.2.1) did not have the issue. This leads
me to believe that the issue was fixed on systems using updated kernels,
such as kernel 5.8.8, but is still present on kernel version 5.8.0-36
that ships with the most up-to-date Ubuntu 20.04.1.

On Ubuntu 20.04.1, I was able to use the workaround found above, by
adding "blacklist intel_vbtn" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and
rebooting

Will possibly looks into whether Ubuntu 20.10 ships with a kernel that
still has this problem

which is subscribed to libinput in Ubuntu.

  [Dell BIOSes dated 27 Mar 2019, XPS 9575, Precision 5530 2-in-1]
  laptop keyboard & touchpad not working at gdm screen after boot