I installed the focal-proposed updates yesterday, just checked and I can
confirm the background corruption issue is still there, tho it's not as
much as before. Before it used to change to a complete grey static, but
now the wallpaper is still visible to an extent. I'll attach a
screenshot.

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2021-01-16 09-44-49.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1855757/+attachment/5453618/+files/Screenshot%20from%202021-01-16%2009-44-49.png

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia] Background image corrupted after standby or resume from
  suspend