Ok, I also noticed a coredump file was created in my home directory
yesterday in an attempt to enable coredumps. The attached backtrace was
generated using the instructions on
https://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/XserverDebugging

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

Op di 27 apr. 2021 om 13:25 schreef Sander Devrieze <
san...@sanderdevrieze.net>:

> As there are several crash files in that directory, I tried again to check
> the date on a new crash report, but no new files were created:
>
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 26 11:47
> _usr_bin_eid-viewer.1027.uploaded
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 22 11:24
> _usr_bin_gjs-console.1027.uploaded
> -rw-r----- 1 sander   whoopsie  25M apr 26 17:22
> _usr_bin_gnome-shell.1027.crash
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 sander   whoopsie    0 apr 26 17:22
> _usr_bin_gnome-shell.1027.upload
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 26 17:22
> _usr_bin_gnome-shell.1027.uploaded
> -rw-r----- 1 gdm      whoopsie 4,9M apr 26 16:11
> _usr_bin_Xwayland.120.crash
> -rw-r--r-- 1 gdm      whoopsie    0 apr 26 16:11
> _usr_bin_Xwayland.120.upload
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 26 16:13
> _usr_bin_Xwayland.120.uploaded
> -rw-r----- 1 root     whoopsie 5,3M apr 26 16:02 _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.0.crash
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root     whoopsie    0 apr 26 16:02
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.0.upload
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 26 16:13
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.0.uploaded
> -rw-r----- 1 sander   whoopsie 119M apr 23 12:58
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.1027.crash
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sander   whoopsie    0 apr 22 14:39
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.1027.upload
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 22 15:24
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.1027.uploaded
> -rw-r----- 1 gdm      whoopsie 343K apr 26 16:11
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.120.crash
> -rw-r--r-- 1 gdm      whoopsie    0 apr 26 16:11
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.120.upload
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 26 16:13
> _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.120.uploaded
> -rw-r----- 1 root     whoopsie 178K apr 26 15:59
> _usr_share_session-migration_scripts_01_migrate_from_keyring.0.crash
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root     whoopsie    0 apr 26 15:59
> _usr_share_session-migration_scripts_01_migrate_from_keyring.0.upload
> -rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie    0 apr 26 15:59
> _usr_share_session-migration_scripts_01_migrate_from_keyring.0.uploaded
>
> Maybe no new report is created when there is already a crash report? Can I
> safely delete all contents of that directory? Or do you know which crash ID
> you need?
>
> In my attempt to generate a new crash report, I also noticed the gdb
> errors are not consistently the same. See attached. The first time the X
> Server stalled for a long time and thereafter the Wacom tablet did not work
> well. Using the Gimp pen tool, it drew dots instead of a line. I had to
> unplug the Wacom tablet to get it working again in a normal manner....and
> to get the real crash.
>
> --
> Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
>

> Op di 27 apr. 2021 om 12:00 schreef Sebastien Bacher <
> 1926...@bugs.launchpad.net>:
>
>> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
>> Ubuntu better. It sounds like some part of the system has crashed. To
>> help us find the cause of the crash please follow these steps:

> [...]

** Attachment added: "gdb.txt"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1926173/+attachment/5492768/+files/gdb.txt

which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in Ubuntu.

  Wacom crashes Xorg