Yes it works with the MESA packages from the ubunturepos. The problem
occurs after adding the kisak mesa fresh ppa and upgrading to the latest
stable MESA release. It only happens when Wayland is used. I always use
this otherwise great ppa to keep my MESA drivers up to date. Sadly the
packages in the ubuntu are often to old if you use your system for
gaming.

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  VAAPI broken on Wayland Kubuntu 21.04 (Plasma 5.22.0 + Weston)