Moved my system's HD to a new body, a Toughbook CF-19 mk7, and most things are
running beautifully after running updates.
One thing that is NOT running nicely is the touch screen.

My CF-19 came with the touch-only (no wacom) version, and it worked
perfectly under the Windows 7 that the laptop shipped with.

What's wrong:
Touch works, but the calibration is off nadly enough to make it nearly useless.
The touch area seems to think the screen is a good inch or so larger than it
really is. I can do gross actions like scrolling, but poking buttons or other
objects is literally hit or miss, increasingly useless as you go away from the
center of the screen.

I have tried:
* Downloading, installing, and running "xinput_calibrator" (runs, produces
output, does nothing)
* following instructions for xinput_calibrator to "make this permanant" by
adding output to /usr/share/x11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf (no effect)
* following instructions for xinput_calibrator to "make this permanant" by
adding output to /etc/x11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf (causes login loop in
gnome, needed to log into Wayland session and delete)
* following instructions for xinput_calibrator to "make this permanant" by
adding output to /usr/share/x11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf (no effect)

There are old instructions pertaining to libinput-calibration-matrix,
but they don't seem to exist anymore?

Any help or suggestions or direction is appreciated!

~Warren

** Affects: xinput-calibrator

** Affects: xinput-calibrator (Ubuntu)

--