Thanks for the bug report. Please be careful to report only one issue
per bug report.

When you have trouble with the USB not booting, that's usually a bad
copy of the ISO on the USB or a slightly faulty thumb drive. Very
common. Always have a different thumb drive handy to try.

I suggest the best place to start is with Ubuntu 22.04
(http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/). If you have trouble
with that then we would like to know ASAP.

If you want to stick with 20.04 instead then please try 20.04.4
(https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop) and choose a single issue to
discuss, presumably the first issue you face.

** No longer affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-450 (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: mutter (Ubuntu) => ubuntu

** Changed in: ubuntu

  Ubuntu 20.04.3 boots to black screen, no TTY available