Basically the same as Jammy.

I enabled focal-proposed and upgrade xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu. Made
sure Wayland was not selected in GDM as Xorg is the default, then
connected an external monitor which routes to AMDGPU instead of Intel.
Close the lid to make the external monitor the single display, the
refresh rate is smooth so the issue is resolved.

I also boot up an AMD APU laptop to test the package and no regression
was found.

** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal
** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  Fix slow refresh rate when AMD GPU screen in reverse prime mode