@Aaron/arraybolt3

I filed against the package I did, as I don't experience it on other
boxes that include much slower CPUs than those listed here, but instead
use i915 or AMD  gpu.

Examples where I've not experienced this include (some slower boxes)

- lenovo thinkpad sl510 (c2d-t6570, 2gb ram, i915)
- motion computing j3400 (c2d-u9400, 4gb, intel mobile 4 series)  (I believe
too)
- dell [optiplex] 745 (c2d-6600, 6gb, amd/ati radeon rv516/x1300/x1550)
- dell [optiplex] 755 (c2d-e6850, 5gb, amd/ati radeon rv516/x1300/x1550)
- dell [optiplex] 755 (c2d-e8300, 8gb, amd/ati radeon rv610/radeon hd2400
pro/xt)

I mention looking for this on another d780 and not experiencing it
(comment 2) and don't recall it occurring on the d960 which was my
primary box (though as flurry isn't my personal choice; it was only
likely used when box was used for live testing), and those boxes would
have to be seen as slower than

- hp 8200 elite sff (i5-2400, 8gb, nvidia quadro 600)

where this is experienced.  I suspect it's very video card related; and
as I also note in comment #2; seems to only occur when two displays are
connected & used.

Also, IF only a single display is active; even the HP 8200 (comment 2)
didn't have an issue with 'flurry' I report  (my vertical alignment can
trigger a condition an issue when openbox is used where xscreensaver
only covers a single screen which is I suspect maybe the 'choppy'
behavior wasn't noticed on a card usually impacted; ie. the GPU is
slowed enough when it handles two screens & issue is visible my theory).

This issue is minor, and I pretty much ignore it.  Users can always just
switch to a different screensaver (I do!); it's not great for users who
have boxes/setups where they experience this on a 'new' or 'live' system
in my opinion.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  xscreensaver is choppy on lubuntu 20.04 daily qa-test (flurry)