If it's software at all then this would be a kernel bug. But I suspect
the issue is more likely hardware since 1920x1080 @60Hz is pushing the
limits of analog VGA. Anything less than a perfect cable with perfect
connections and I'd expect display glitches like this.

Personally I'd recommend adding a graphics card to the machine so you
can use HDMI on both monitors. But you might also want to try 30Hz to
see if it makes the display more stable. We can also keep this open as a
kernel bug just in case it is.

** Package changed: xorg (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- multiscreen one display goes black on resume
+ Analog VGA goes black on resume

  Analog VGA goes black on resume