Public bug reported:

Version: 24.2.2-1ubuntu1
Release: oracular 24.10

After upgrade to mesa 24.2.2-1ubuntu1 in oracular, semitransparency of
Plasma panel/widgets broken using llvmpipe on x11.

This is particularly prominent for testers trying our live ISO session
(is still X11 for compatibility) in VMs such as Virtualbox/qmemu/etc
with no acceleration. With the 24.10 beta coming in less than a weeks
time, this is bad timing.

An issue has been opened upstream by a user/developer on Mandriva with
the same issue.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/11840#top

Screen shots can be seen there of the impact. I have commented and added
screenshots from Kubuntu 24.10.

** Affects: mesa

** Affects: mesa (Ubuntu)

** Tags: oracular

** Description changed:

- Version: 24.2.2-1ubuntu1

+
+ An issue has been opened upstream by a user/developer on Mandriva with
+ the same issue.
+
+ https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/11840#top
+
+ Screen shots can be seen there of the impact. I have commented and added
+ screenshots from Kubuntu 24.10.

** Bug watch added: gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues #11840
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/11840

** Also affects: mesa via
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/11840

** Tags added: oracular

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Semitransparency of Plasma panel/widgets broken using llvmpipe on x11
  since 24.2.2