Ok, my chrome issues have gone away and GSK_RENDERER=ngl works fine with
560 and gnome apps. Perhaps the prudent thing to do when we have to make
a decision is switch to ngl until we get a fix in nvidia-driver-560 at
which point we can revert back to vulkan.

I am experiencing a separate issue of giant cursors for gnome apps in
KDE which others have noticed and is captured here:

1. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=299624
2. https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/merge_requests/7722

However, this is a gnome bug and unrelated to the current bug. Do we
already have an issue in ubuntu for this as we should probably track
this. If not, I can start that thread too. @vanvugt @aleasto, please
advise.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-560 in Ubuntu.

  gnome applications crash on startup with nvidia-driver-560: Error 71
  (Protocol error) dispatching to Wayland display.