Using kernel 6.11 I consistently get results like these from
glmark2-wayland:

  nouveau...: ~1000 FPS
  nvidia-550: ~8000 FPS
  nvidia-560: ~2000-4000 FPS

but I can solve most of it with env __NV_DISABLE_EXPLICIT_SYNC=1
glmark2-wayland:

  nvidia-560: ~7000 FPS

Though applying the same variable system-wide didn't fix desktop
stutter. So that's a separate bug. Real time profile results suggest my
desktop stutter is gnome-shell spending most (60%) of its time inside
lock_front_buffer (also mentioned in
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/3461).

TL;DR - I think there are two or three bugs here:

1. nvidia-560 is much slower than nvidia-550 in glmark2-wayland unless
you set __NV_DISABLE_EXPLICIT_SYNC=1

2. nvidia-560 spends way too much of gnome-shell's real time (60%)
inside gbm_surface_lock_front_buffer (called by lock_front_buffer).

3. nvidia-535 erratic results with different kernels (comment #9). Let's
ignore that for now.

** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues #3461
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/3461

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-560 in Ubuntu.

  [regression] Poor performance in Nvidia-560 Wayland sessions