Not entirely sure I've still got the same problem here, but netbook-launcher is
crippled again
and it sure looks identical.
I'm running on an MSI Wind U100 with Karmic netbook remix.

While in beta, I could resolve the issue by creating an xorg.conf without the
"Virtual"-option
(dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg didn't work for me).

Now (since my last update I think...) netbook-launcher is again unusable slow,
taking about 10
seconds to appear after invoked over the panel icon, and about 5 seconds to
highlight an icon.

The CPU load of netbook-launcher rises to about 30% maximum, but mostly stays
low, as opposed
to 100% earlier.
However, I get some
     Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_timeline_do_tick: assertion
`CLUTTER_IS_TIMELINE (timeline)' failed

gnometris has got the same laggy behaviour, but stays at <10% CPU. It gives me
the error:
     ClutterGLX-CRITICAL **: Unable to make the stage window 0x540003b the
current GLX drawable

I attached the netbook-launcher output of my test session.

** Attachment added: "launcher.txt"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/34704169/launcher.txt

--
netbook-launcher generates high CPU Load - Error: clutter_timeline_do_tick:
assertion `CLUTTER_IS_TIMELINE (timeline)' failed