Did you know there is a bug for not being able to switch graphics card on the
fly.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/312756

I do understand that getting that feature will take some time. However,
it is ridiculous that Windows users can switch their graphics card on
the fly, but Ubuntu users are expected to both install/remove some
software package and alter the graphics card setting in their bios.
Ubuntu provides the user with no hint that you could actually make the
graphics card switching work by removing some package, and even if it
did this would be hard for a regular user to understand. I'm an
experienced user, and I thought for a year that my other graphics card
might be broken.

--
mesa doesn't work when fglrx is installed
which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in ubuntu.