Major pain in the ass.  Same for my Inspiron 8200.  This doesn't seem to
be the same bug where input from the trackpoint and trackpad events
collide.  I still have the problem with the trackpad turned off with
gpointing-device-settings.  Left button seems to get stuck in down
state.  60% of the time, I have to press the right button to reset the
state. Note, not a problem in winxp. thanks.

--
Mouse behaves strange on clicking in graphical environment
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in ubuntu.