This just isn't good enough. Maybe I should file a bug report against
launchpad.

Here we see a very serious problem which effects a very large number of
users and the response is to first label it `WONT FIX' and then label it
`INVALID'. I've seen this time after time on Launchpad, and it is just
WRONG.

There are technical meanings to the use of those labels and under those
technical meanings maybe the use of them here is even appropriate. But
to someone facing the disaster of a machine that is totally unresponsive
after upgrade what message do those words send.

INVALID = we simply don't believe you. Or maybe we intended our software
to behave in this way.

WONT FIX = perhaps our software did trash your system but we don't care.
Sucks to be you. Go away. We won't help you and we don't plan to do
anything about it.

Not very friendly or supportive is it. It is an especially bad look in a
bug report which is serious enough to get coverage in the mainstream
media which you all know about because it was commented on here.

Could we please have a launchpad culture adjustment. I think anyone
applying the labels `INVALID" and 'WONT FIX' should be expected to at
least explain briefly why that response is appropriate, and to make at
least one minimal constructive suggestion as to what should come next
for those afflicted by the described problem who want to continue to
push for a resolution. Those labels are applied far too quickly and
indiscriminately in my opinion. It isn't a good look.

--
upgrade breaks graphic drivers and x, preventing login or startx
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.