Given that no one answered my question, enough time passed for Debian
Squeeze to update its packages from sid so I can now open the keyboard
shortcut preferences window but I still can't use either one of my super
user keys as my "open a terminal" shortcut.

I attached my /var/log/Xorg.0.log and my /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old files
as a .odt file.

** Attachment added: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old contents"

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/36601873/Keyboard%20-%20Super%20User%20Key%20for%20launching%20a%20Terminal%20-%20Bug%20Details.odt

--
Super user key shortcut does not work (=get captured) when you try to use it in
System --> Preferences --> Keyboard Shortcuts