Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

I've installed 9.10 64-bit on an Averatec 2260-EK1 laptop, which has a
VIA KM800 graphics chip.  I believe that it is using the openchrome
driver (which I can't verify since there is no xorg.conf anymore).
Resolution is set to 1280x800 so I know it isn't dropping back to the
vesa driver as it did when I tried using Ubuntu on this laptop a couple
years ago.

The problem is that the screen occassionally flickers, which is very
annoying.  What seems to be happening is the video buffer is being drawn
onto the screen in the wrong position, since in the flickering I will
see things such as pieces of a window I have open appearing elsewhere on
the screen, etc.  Sometimes the machine will go a few minutes without
this flickering occurring, and other times it will happen a lot.  From
what I've experienced, I think the problem is happening more when the
computer is more busy.  I haven't been able to isolate whether it's CPU
or disk activity that's the culprit.

Please let me know if you need any more information to track down this
bug.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome (Ubuntu)

--
Screen flickering during CPU and/or disk activity
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in ubuntu.