Hi all,

Unfortunately, while the title of this bug looks technical and specific,
in truth all it means is "X crashed for some reason".  You'll see this
message in gdm logs for any variety of different crashes, but I'm afraid
people are finding this bug report and since the error message is the
same are assuming they have the same bug.  So I'm going to close this
bug report so it doesn't continue to mislead people.

By default the information displayed in the log files when a crash
occurs is insufficient to debug the issue.  Instead, you'll need to
collect a full backtrace - see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Backtracing for
guidance on this.  (Although with -nvidia since it's a binary
proprietary driver, even with a backtrace we likely won't be able to fix
it at the distro level anyway.  Still, backtraces are worth collecting
just in case.)

** Changed in: linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24 (Ubuntu)

--
gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error
which is subscribed to linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24 in ubuntu.