Thanks for forwarding this issue upstream and engaging with suv on it.
I am of the feeling that this is really rather an upstream decision, and
not of high enough criticality (compared with X crashes and so on) that
we need to take action in the distro, thus I'm marking it wontfix.  We
will take whatever solution is arrived at upstream when we merge in the
latest xkeyboard-config package.  Thanks for working on this issue and
helping to make xkeyboard-config optimal for everyone.

** Changed in: xkeyboard-config (Ubuntu)

--
Too many crimean tatar keyboard layouts added for Romania
which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in ubuntu.