Mine is not ADM64.  Mine is Karmic, KDE, on Acer Netbook AO751-1279,
GMA500; I added KDE to the default Gnome netbook remix install (2GB RAM,
250GB HD, no space problems), got audio/wlan/eth/GMA500 working on KDE,
and it occasionally booted (KDE only) into a white screen.  I have now
made compositing "false" in config, so far that seems to have cured this
from recurring.  But prior to that change, white screen boot several
times.

--
composite desktop can't be reinisialised on Karmic KDE
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in ubuntu.