> i845G is working multi booted with Karmic, Jaunty, Debian, and Slax all
> running normally except for Lucid.

Okay. So this is definitely a different bug from the freezes people
are experiencing on Karmic on 845G. I'm juggling several 845G freeze
bug reports right now, so I got a bit confused. With such a nice test
setup it would be nice if you also include in bug reports what other
versions you have where the problem does not exist. This is often very
helpful to know.

> v2.6.32-rc1  works with nomodeset, with or without "vesa".  Other than
> that, all the rest of the updates as of 20100101 are on.

So v2.6.32-rc1 works with nomodeset, but not without nomodeset? And
v2.6.32-rc2 does not work at all? That narrows it down pretty well.
Did you try if any older kernel would work without the nomodeset
option?

--
[i845] xorg hang video driver 2.8.1-1ubuntu1
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.