I'm using Asus EeePC 1000H with the
Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 beta (development branch).

After installing latest updates today (10th October), I put my laptop to
hibernate -mode. When I powered the computer on again screen distorts
for a few seconds after the GRUB -menu and Ubuntu logo with "Waking up"
- text before the desktop appears. This problem does not show up if the
computer is shut down and started again, or in a reboot - only when
returning from hibernation. This is quite awkward since with netbook I
(and people) usually use hibernation mode because of its' low power
consumance and quick wake-up time.

This also happens every time on hibernation startup.

I uploaded a picture to the imageshack of the situation.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4227/10102009002.jpg

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

--
ubuntu-boot-experience returning from hibernatation and short screen distortion
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/448085