"Shadetree, do you mean you're using the configuration described in the
guide on your 9.04 machines? What are you dual-booting them with,
Windows, Karmic, or something else entirely? I ask only out of
curiosity."

I'm multi boot testing 8.04, 9.04, 9.10 32/64bit partitions on various
xp, xp pro, vista & 7 PC's.

Yes, I use "optimal configurations, set tiling to false" on the dell
1100, 2400 with 9.04 works fine.

As stated above, the radeon on the 2400 is unstable until the intel
drivers are work correctly first in 9.10 for the unused on-board intel
graphics.

I need to stick to the topic to save space here:-)

--
[i845G] Karmic stops responding a few minutes after log in
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.