Thank you for reporting this bug, lykwydchykyn. Your problem sounds like
a GPU hang (freeze). You can verify this by checking the symptoms on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze . On that page there is
also a recipe for how to generate a batchbuffer dump, which we need for
this kind of bug. In order to help the intel developers upstream, it
would be nice if you could generate the batchbuffer dump using the xorg-
edgers PPA [1] and the 2.6.33-rc5 (or newer) mainline kernel ([2], see
also [3]). Note that with this version it is helpful if you can use the
DebugFlushCaches option described on the Freeze wiki page.

I should note that we already have quite a few bug reports for hangs like this
on 845G on Karmic, but since this is the first we get from Lucid we have the
possibility to get some debug information that hasn't been available from the
other reports. A list of other bug reports:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bugs?field.tag=845g%20freeze&field.tags_combinator=ALL

[1]: https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa
[2]: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.33-rc5/
[3]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/MainlineBuilds

** Summary changed:

- X11 locks up when enabling kwin compositing on 845G
+ [i845G] X11 locks up when enabling kwin compositing on 845G

** Tags added: 845g

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

--
[i845G] X11 locks up when enabling kwin compositing on 845G
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.