This seems to be the same issue we're encountering in bug 419501 in
GASP, as we do a similar thing to handle interactive interpreter
sessions. Please repost your testcase at that bug, and thank you for
taking the time to report this!

freenode or file a bug against malone, the bug tracker.

   apport-kde assert failure: python: ../../src/xcb_io.c:242:
process_responses: Assertion `(((long) (dpy->last_request_read) - (long)
(dpy->request)) <= 0)' failed.

--
xcb_io.c assertion error following forkpty and raw_input in PyGTK
which is subscribed to libxcb in ubuntu.