Well that's unfortunate. It rejects our theory that X wasn't keeping the
window data around and was leaving that up to the graphics card, which
may have dropped the data during the resume.

So this is really getting close to the "we can't support nvidia closed
source driver" issue, but perhaps Bryce Harrington has some more
thoughts. This issue is pretty well outside of the kernel team's
expertise at this point.

--
[lucid regression] random graphics effects after resume from suspend to RAM
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in ubuntu.