Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-driver-mga

Using Ubuntu 8.10 beta LiveCD, resurrecting a Compaq Deskpro with a
Matrox Millenium II AGP graphics card, either the X server, or the mga
driver, overestimates how much video memory is present, resulting in
aliasing of segments of the screen (move a window in one place, and
other parts of the screen change).

Under 8.04.1, it selects a screen resolution of 1280x800x24bpp

Attached initially are the xorg.0.log and lspci -vvnn output from the
8.04 system which works -- I'll try to add the 8.10 output if I can see
enough on the screen to do it!

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-mga (Ubuntu)

--
graphics memory misallocated on Matrox Millienium II AGP 4M card
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/289375