Hello,

I have a very strange problem with Ubuntu Jaunty, and i can't find
exactly where the problem comes (wich packages).

here is the problem: in KDE at any time with no apparent reason, windows
become "unselectable", when i click on a window i can't select it... the
cursor become a "moving window cursor" but i can't write in the selected
window (for sample Mozilla's url bar)..

And if i go on a Konsole window and type letters, 1 on 5/7 are written
to screen... or different caracters are printed to screen...

If i do a Ctrl+Alt+Fx to go on console mode and want to log in as root i have
something like that printed to screen:
login: ^[r ^[o ^[o ^[t

I don't know if the problem is linked or not but Alt+F2 (quicklaunch)
never worked ...

==> To avoid the problem i have to press Ctrl+Alt each time the problem
appears in KDE and mouse&keyboard works normally after, the problem is
that i have to press Ctrl+Alt perhaps 200 times during my session...

Release:        9.04

i have just tried to remove ~/.kde with no success the problem still occurs...
when it occurs the shift key don't work anymore...

here is a kdm log tail:
r...@jaunty:/var/log# tail -f /var/log/kdm.log
 Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP1> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP2> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP3> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP0> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
r...@jaunty:/var/log# tail -125 kdm.log
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <KPEQ> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP7> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP8> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP9> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP4> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP5> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP6> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP1> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP2> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP3> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP0> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
expected keysym, got dead_currency: line 501 of fr
expected keysym, got dead_belowcomma: line 509 of fr
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> [...]
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP5> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP6> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP1> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP2> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP3> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "KEYPAD" has 2 levels, but <KP0> has 4 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

if you have any idea let me know

I hope i m not alone to have experimented that problems...

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
Window not selectable and keyboard not working until Ctrl+Alt
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/412387