Thanks for testing and confirming the fix Attila.

It looks likely the kernel team will be including the new DRM in the
kernel this week.  I am retargeting this bug report to them since it
sounds like that will resolve this issue.

** Summary changed:

- [i965] [i965gm] [Lucid] My display shows an entire black or white screen when
the GNOME Desktop is loaded (Intel Gma X3100 video card)
+ [i965gm] (Needs 2.6.33) Display shows black screen or white screen when GNOME
Desktop is loaded (X3100)

** Tags added: xorg-needs-kernel-fix

** Package changed: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Andy Whitcroft (apw)

** Summary changed:

- [i965gm] (Needs 2.6.33) Display shows black screen or white screen when GNOME
Desktop is loaded (X3100)
+ [i965gm] (Needs 2.6.33 drm) Display shows black screen or white screen when

--
[i965gm] (Needs 2.6.33 drm) Display shows black screen or white screen when
GNOME Desktop is loaded (X3100)
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.