> Alex Dicks wrote on 2010-03-16:
> > Perhaps the defaults for those keys could be changed to give the
> > Jaunty behaviour back?
>
> And then users who started using Ubuntu during the Karmic era will
> file a bug that Lucid changed the defaults and broke their habits,
> just as we are blaming Karmic here.

It's bizarre to keep behaviour that was only introduced by accident!

I've used Ubuntu on my Eee since Hardy, and the trackpad behaviour had
been the same until Karmic, since when I've had to find workarounds.

I've been establishing my habits for almost two years, yet you're
saying that they're less important than someone who's only been using
Ubuntu for a few months?

--
Action for middle and right click is reversed since jaunty
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.