Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xorg

I use Ubuntu on a USB stick with Lucid Beta which I plug into many
systems to test them. One system has an NVIDIA graphics chipset which
required the binary driver to get full resolution and hardware
acceleration. After installing the driver (saving changes to xorg.conf)
and bringing the USB stick back to my Dell Mini which has an INTEL
Chipset, I found thet I would just get an endless flickering terminal. I
thought, well bulletproof X will go over the xorg.conf file and see that
it is rubbish and overide it with automatic settings. Since I was wrong
I renamed the xorg.conf file and rebooted. This time I started normally,
but once I entered my gnome-session, everything was fliped backwards and
letters were upside down, as seen in the screenshot attached.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
[Lucid Beta] Screen is reversed after installing Nvidia Drivers and booting off
different hardware