Ubuntu 8.10, Gnome 2.24.1, 2.6.27-11-generic, 64-bit.

I have a Lenovo T61 laptop with a 1680x1050 LCD screen and Intel X3100
graphics adapter.  I have an external DVI monitor plugged in via a
docking station, also running at 1680x1050.  My system is configured to
use these two monitors simultaneously in a dual-head configuration, and
I set this up entirely using the "Preferences -> Screen Resolution"
tool.

My problem is that when I boot, I can't drag windows from the external
monitor (on the left) to the laptop's LCD (on the right).  I can drag
them partially onto the laptop screen, but they seem to hit some kind of
barrier which prevents me from dragging them all the way onto the
screen.

I can "fix" this issue by going into "Preferences -> Screen Resolution",
and dragging the external monitor so that it is on the right of the LCD,
then clicking apply.  Once this takes effect, I drag the external
monitor back so that it is on the left of the LCD, then click apply
again.  After that everything works fine until I reboot again.

I've attached the output of "xrandr".  It is exactly the same before and
after I do the monitor-position shuffle to fix my issue.

Is there any other information (config files, log files) I can provide
to make this an easier issue to track down?

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: dual monitor screen
--
At startup, can't drag windows between dual monitors
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/322921