As posted by GNET13001, the error seems to stem from the CPU min freq. A
kernel patch or the following change used on the Acer Aspire one will
get it running without the crashing.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-May/184038.html

--
[CX700] Mouse, keyboard, and power button freeze
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in ubuntu.