In my attempt to improve the start up time here are some of the things I
attempted and their success

        sudo vi /etc/init.d/rc and found the line "CONCURRENCY=none" and
changed none to startpar
        sudo vi /etc/sysctl.conf and add the line "vm.swappiness=10" to the end
        Open firefox at url "about:config" search for IPV6 and change value to
true.

        sudo vi /etc/default/grub
                changed : GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
                to be : GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="ipv6.disable=1 quiet splash"

These changes improved things slightly.
Finally I discovered this

        Finally made the boot up go super fast with adding a startup contab for
root
                sudo crontab -u root -e
        that hunts down and kills the udevadm process that was gumming up the
works
                @reboot ps -ef | awk '{ print $8, $2 }' | grep udevadm | awk '{
print "sudo kill "$2 }' | sh

Now the boot up is 30 seconds and seems to be working fine for a couple
months.

--
Upgrade to latest distribution 9.10 has left my computer with serious issues
with booting.  Usually just freezes.  Othertimes takes over 500 seconds to boot