Public bug reported:

1) Seems ev_calibrate is not in path:

 r...@intercom1:~# ev_calibrate
 The program 'ev_calibrate' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
 apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch

2) If I run calibrate.sh it complains about hal

 r...@intercom1:~# /usr/lib/xf86-input-evtouch/calibrate.sh
 Could not initialise connection to hald.
 Normally this means the HAL daemon (hald) is not running or not ready.

3) If I start hald manually (there is no /etc/init.d/hal anymore), then
it starts but I see a dialog on screen that says:

 No evtouch capable device found, if you are sure you have an evtouch
capable touchscreen, please mail the resulting file of the command
"lshal > evtouch_hal.out" to the ubuntu-mob...@lists.ubuntu.com mailing
list, so support for your device can be added

This device was working just fine in Karmic

4) In karmic there was /etc/init.d/xserver-xorg-input-evtouch start - it
is now gone:

 r...@intercom1:~# /etc/init.d/xserver-xorg-input-evtouch start
 -bash: /etc/init.d/xserver-xorg-input-evtouch: No such file or directory

Is there any way at all to use evtouch capable touchscreens on Lucid?

** Affects: xf86-input-evtouch (Ubuntu)

--
evtouch does not work on Lucid
which is subscribed to xf86-input-evtouch in ubuntu.