Generally, bugs in Ubuntu should be filed in Ubuntu (which you have
done, thanks!) and then forwarded only once (a) we're confident it's a
real upstream bug and (b) we have a good set of debugging information -
some of which is going to be Ubuntu-specific, like what changed between
alpha 3 and beta 2.

I'll comment further on the upstream bug.

--
Regression : no image when starting lucid beta 2, with Nvidia Geforce6200
NV44A. "Error referencing VRAM ctxdma: -12". Worked in alpha 3 and in karmic