i am still affected by this bug system all up to date as of 6:15 am central
time. running lucid lynx with kernel 2.6.32-21-generic and nvidia prop driver
96.43.14.
I did see a message about plymouth as my boot line has quite and splash removed
from it. however the plymouth line is NOT in dmesg so I am not sure where it's
being logged to. this is an annoyance but not keeping me from running lucid on
all 3 of my computers as well as my main server.

i have
blacklist vga16fb
blacklist nouveau
within my /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf also if that matters,.

--
login fails with nvidia driver 96
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-96 in ubuntu.