Public bug reported:

I am using nvidia-current v.    195.36.15-0ubuntu2 on my GeForce 7300, display
resolution 1440x900, Ubuntu 10.04.
Plymouth screen is always displaying at a very bad low resolution and tty
(Ctrl-Alt-Fn) also display in low res.

I have tried this workaround
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1446132 but with no luck.
Enabling "set gfxpayload=keep" messes up my display.

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

--
low resolution in plymouth screen with nvidia-current
which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in ubuntu.